What's new

Welcome to The IELTS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark

Mr Raj, could you please evaluate my essay and provide me with the band score.

Vasanthi

Vasanthi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Plastic bags, plastic bottles and plastic packaging are bad for the environment.
What damage does plastic do to the environment?
What can be done by governments and individuals to solve this problem?

The usage of plastic materials such as bags, bottles and packaging has been severely threatening the environment. This essay will outline the harmful environmental effects of using items made of polyethene and the strict measures to be taken by the government and its nationals.

First of all, plastic materials are not easily degradable; for instance, a single-use plastic water bottle will at least take 450 years to decompose. Therefore, the wastes will accumulate in the landfills, and that will cause numerous health hazards to people living nearby. In addition, these plastic substances will react to hot temperatures and emit greenhouse gas, that is dangerous to the atmosphere. Also, dumping wastage in the ocean or river has endangered many marine animals like sea turtles, dolphins, blue whales and many more. Therefore, the usage of plastic will badly affect our environment that needs to being stopped immediately.

Environmental pollution is irrevisable. The government and people should coordinate and protect our motherland from such a threat. The government should abandon the production of plastic utilities and impose heavy fines on businesses and individuals who use them. Consequently, the government can encourage the production and usage of alternative bottling, packaging and storing materials such as cloth, glass, and natural fibres. As responsible humans, we can stop buying plastic things. Also, we can separate degradable, non-degradable domestic garbage and help the government, other institutions to recycle them.

To conclude, plastic materials harm the environment in terms of difficulties in decomposing, accumulated landfills, emitting greenhouse gas and threatening marine lives. The government and people can resolve this problem by stopping the production and usage of plastic, recycling and purchasing alternative materials than plastic. Hence, we can protect our earth and the well-being of every life on it.

Vasanthi

Vasanthi

Standard Member
Reaction score
You are good to go for 7-7.5 band.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm extremely sorry for the late response. I would like to know your opinion on which part that I should pay more attention. My writing exam is scheduled for next Saturday, I really appreciate it if you could provide me with some inputs. Thanks

IELTS-Community

IELTS-Community

Administrator
Reaction score
Website
essaytimes.in
Thank you for your feedback. I'm extremely sorry for the late response. I would like to know your opinion on which part that I should pay more attention. My writing exam is scheduled for next Saturday, I really appreciate it if you could provide me with some inputs. Thanks
You are almost good for your desired band score. However, pay attention to not using similar keywords from the question statement in the introduction. For example, for the environment, you could use ecology word.
There are no significant issues, don't worry.

Last edited:

Online Members

No members online now.
Top Bottom