What's new

Welcome to The IELTS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark

Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities.

Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Task-2: Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

Ans :
There is no doubt that sports can improve body health. While some people think that adding more and more sports facilities is a prime way to boost public health, other argue that this will be less effective and additional measures will be required. In this essay, I will discuss both arguments and will extend my support for the latter.

To begin with, those who advocate increasing the number of sports arenas for the betterment of public health, may feel that due to this, these facilities would be easily accessible. As a result, more and more people will be able to utilize these sports facilities and this might also encourage remaining people to follow same. If, in contrast, there would be less number of this type of facilities, then these might be located in remote areas, therefore everyone might not be interested in commuting that far just for the sake of health improvement.

On the other hand, I would argue that everyone might not agree with the option of just doing sports for health improvement and they may have their own agenda for physical well being. For example, to remain fit, people of different age groups nowadays exercise different regimes like yoga, dieting and aerobics to name a few. This is because, doing sports can burn excessive fat and increase stamina, but it cannot provide much needed vital nutrients to grow and maintain a healthy body.To illustrate, if an overweight person follows a sports regime but keeps eating fast food, then his goal of weight loss will be little achieved. Furthermore, in fitness world, it is said that, "Maintaining and Improving body health is 70% nutrition and 30% workout".

In conclusion, although, increasing sports facilities can make these easily accessible and motivate people to use the same, in my opinion, they will still need to eat clean and follow a healthy life-style along with sports to improve body health.

Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Request you to provide your valuable feedback along with band score on writing task-2 essay posted above.

IELTS-Community

IELTS-Community

Administrator
Reaction score
Website
essaytimes.in
On the other hand, I would argue that
Here you should not introduce yourself. The right approach is to discuss both views neutrally in a third-person tone. Then state your opinion.
Overall, it is well-written but to score 7, you will need a bit more structured and concise sentences. I believe it is good for 6.5 band.

Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Dear Raj,
Thank you for the valuable feedback, I will workout on your suggestions and will improve.

Online Members

No members online now.
Top Bottom