What's new

Welcome to The IELTS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark

Tips How to improve band score in IELTS writing?

IELTS-Community

IELTS-Community

Administrator
Reaction score
Website
essaytimes.in
My response to some of the hardest questions I come across, like:
  1. How can I boost my band score from 6 to 7 or 7 to 8
  2. How can I improve my sentence structure?
  3. How can I learn and use formal vocabulary?
It's really hard to suggest you quick tips to resolve the above queries. However, I am going to suggest to you some methods that you can use to gradually boost your style and quality of writing (no overnight improvement is assured).
  1. Make a habit to read content from reputable brands and sources. The more you read more you get ideas for writing as well as there is an opportunity to learn formal vocabulary. These sources may include government publications or international news websites, or even standard textbooks. It fixes your problem of ideas, and grammatical range and vocabulary.
  2. Use online grammar checking tools such as Grammarly and Quillbot to identify the most frequent mistakes you make and work to overcome them.
  3. When you get a clue about something new in your writing make sure to research it on Google. Terms like subject-verb agreement, run-on sentences have been pointed out in many reviews. I am not sure how many of them already knew it already and how many tried to find them out. If you don't work on improving the weak areas of your writing, reviews will not help you get a higher band score.
I hope it helps.

Online Members

No members online now.
Top Bottom